Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Eli Stands Tall and Caleb is Spider-Man

Today began with Eli standing up in his crib for the first time. When I went in to get him this morning, he was standing up, holding onto the railing, waiting for me to get him out of bed. Normally, he is sitting up and waits for me to lower the side rail before standing up. I always get on my knees so that we are at eye level. Then he puts his arms around my neck and pulls me close signaling his desire to get out of bed. I love when he gives me those little hugs.

Because this was a momentous occasion, I left the room for a minute to get the camera so that I could take his picture. Eli was not happy about that and proceeded to fuss. He was ready to get out of bed and get the day started. Luckily, though, he calmed down pretty quickly so I could get a cute shot of him smiling while standing up.

The day ended with Caleb as Spider-Man. He has a new obsession with Spider-Man. I am not sure what sparked the sudden interest, but maybe it is because he and Daddy have been watching the movies lately. Daddy decided that Caleb needed a Spider-Man costume, so he went looking for one. He found one, and Caleb was so excited when he got it. He immediately put it on and wore it around the house pretending to be Spider-Man. It took some coaxing, but we finally got him to take it off so that he could wear regular pajamas to bed. I have a feeling that he will be wearing the costume a lot.

No comments: