Most of the ladybugs had emerged from their pupae, so Caleb decided that it was time to release them. He wanted them to be put on our tomato plants so that they could eat any bugs on them. I was a bit surprised that he was so anxious to release them. I thought he would want to keep them in their Lady Bug Land habitat as long as possible. It is a good thing he did want to release them as they only live 2-3 weeks in that habitat. In the wild, they can live up to a year, which is pretty long for an insect.
We did our best to put all of the ladybugs on tomato plant leaves, but some flew off and some landed in the grass. I did get a good picture of one on a tomato leaf.
After releasing our ladybugs, we added to our garden. We planted green beans, sunflowers, basil, and red poppies from seed. We are looking forward to seeing how these plants grow. If we are lucky, we will have yummy food to eat soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment