For those of you who haven't seen Eli lately, he has an interesting hairdo going. For some odd reason, he likes to pull hair out of his own head or mine if he can grab it. He then plays with it while sucking his thumb. It is how he soothes himself. He sucks his left thumb, so he uses his right hand to pull the hair out. I knew he had been doing it but did not realize the damage he had done until recently. The right hand side of the back of his head now has significantly less hair than the left hand side. I guess it took his hair getting much longer to realize the difference. I tried getting a good picture, and this was the best I could get. It is much more noticeable in real life.
I haven't noticed him pulling his hair out recently, but I don't know if he is outgrowing this strange phase or if there just isn't much to grab anymore. It is a weird habit he has and one that I do hope doesn't last forever. I guess it is good that he is a boy because we could always keep buzzing his hair if it does continue. And heck, if this is the worst habit he ever has, I'll take it! Maybe he will start a new trend of mullet on one side and buzz cut on the other?
No comments:
Post a Comment