We have been using sign language with Eli for a while now. The signs we have been using are for the words milk, please, more, eat, and thank you. He has recognized the sign for milk for quite a long time and usually gets very excited when I do that sign. He loves his momma milk and has no intention of weaning any time soon!
Eli did his first official sign of "please" a few days ago. It usually takes some coaxing to get him to do it, but he has started to get the hang of it. Before bed tonight, I asked him if he wanted some milk. Before I could ask him to say "please," he was already signing "please" with a huge grin on his face. He figured out that if he wants something that he needs to say please. Then he will get lots of praise and what he wants, which is a pretty sweet deal in his mind.
We did some signs with Caleb when he was a baby, but we soon stopped since he began talking so early. We have no idea how soon Eli will be talking, so we hope that signing will make communicating with him easier. He has definite opinions about things these days and voices his excitement and displeasure very vocally! Of course we have no idea what he is saying most of the time, but he is trying really hard to communicate with us. The funniest times are when he gets angry. He will go off on you in baby talk. We tease that he has anger management issues. I think he is going to be stubborn like his mommy. Watch out world!
I will try to post a picture of him signing soon as it is really cute.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment