Sunday, March 23, 2008

Radioactive Spider

I crocheted a "radioactive" spider for Caleb's Easter basket. Caleb is going through a major Spider-Man phase and thinks he is in fact Spider-Man. I wanted to make him something for his basket that was special, so I decided to make him a spider. He has been acting out every other part of the movie, so why not let him act out being bit by a radioactive spider and turning into Spider-Man, right?


Here is the finished product. I couldn't find a pattern for a spider that I liked, so I made up my own. This is the first time I have created a pattern, so I am pretty proud of it. I used an amigurumi pattern I had to get started and then tweaked it to make it look more like a spider. The legs have pipe cleaners inside, so they can be bent however Caleb wants them to go.



Here is a picture of Caleb holding his new spider this morning. Notice that he is wearing his Spider-Man pajamas. Caleb likes his spider a lot but did request some eyes and fangs which still need to be added.



Edited to add: Here is a picture of the spider with eyes and fangs. I have also published the pattern on Ravelry.

No comments: