Friday, May 16, 2008

Time to Make the Doughnuts

With some help from Caleb, I made some baked doughnuts today. SouleMama recommended the recipe which looked very yummy. We all love sweets around here but have been trying to eat healthier. This looked like a great alternative to traditional doughnuts which are fried and full of artificial ingredients.



I made the dough and rolled it out.


Caleb helped cut them out and coat them with cinnamon sugar.



Both boys helped taste test the doughnuts.


Caleb and I both thought the doughnuts tasted okay but not great. Even though we knew that they would not taste like traditional doughnuts, I think our taste buds still expected them to. Daddy, Eli, and the Riveras, though, said that the doughnuts were good.

If I try to make these again, I will do a few things differently. I don't think the dough rose as much as it was supposed to because we keep our house pretty cold, so I will have to find a warmer place for the yeast to work. I will also make the doughnuts thicker and bigger so that we can cut a hole out of each. Overall, it was a fun experiment in the kitchen.

No comments: