Caleb was very busy and did quite a few things all before 11AM this morning.
First, he put on some puppet shows for Eli and I.
He used the puppets and theater we made for our homeschool class the week before. I love that he changed his voice for the different characters and that he tried to make things rhyme. Sometimes, that meant making up words to rhyme.Once the puppet shows were done, Caleb decided that he wanted to trace the outline of his body so that he could draw skeleton bones. We had done something similar when he was two years old after he asked where Mommy's penis was. At that time, I decided to teach him some basics about the human body. Tracing his body on a large piece of paper and adding in some vital organs and basic parts went along with our study. Today, Caleb added in his digestive tract including intestines, teeth, and a few bones. Then he wanted to trace himself on another piece of paper. We did that, and he added lots of bones all throughout his drawing. He also traced Blue Bear and added bones for him. I tried explaining that Blue Bear has no bones, but Caleb did not care.
Putting the two tracings side by side showed us just how much Caleb has grown in two and a half years. Poor Blue Bear, on the other hand, has not grown at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment