Saturday, June 21, 2008

We Have Been Invaded...

...by green army men. On a recent trip to the Silly Monkey, Caleb played a couple of arcade games and won some tickets that he turned in for a small green army man. He was so excited and played with him for several days. The army man went with us wherever we went. In fact, Caleb was so obsessed with his army man that he kept asking when we could go back to the Silly Monkey to get his army man a friend. Instead, we went to the store and bought a large bag of army men for less than $2. Caleb used some of his own change to buy them. In addition to several different types of army men, the set also came with two tanks, some barbed wire, two flags, and two bunkers. He has been playing with them ever since.


Here are some pictures of him and Eli playing with the army men:

Caleb loves his army men!

Setting them up to attack Weebleville.

Of course, Eli has to get in on the action.

The army men have taken over Weebleville.

The boys have fun playing together.

The boys check out an army man.
Saying, "Cheese!"
Setting the men up for a mission.
The army men on their mission.
Daddy and Caleb have devised an elaborate game with the army men that they keep trying to explain to me, but honestly, I just don't get it. I think it must be a boy thing! I am hoping to record them telling me all of the rules so that I can type them up for Caleb like I did his Vroom Vroom game. If I do, I will be sure to post them in case any of you want to recreate their army man game.

No comments: